How to revert back glx version from 1.4 to 1.2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Tue Aug 10 10:29:51 PDT 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 03:44, Adam Jackson wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 16:43 -0700, Ratin wrote:
>
>> Hi Adam, I do have a testcase, I decode/render video with NVidia's
>> VDPAU constantly, over time the system becomes really sluggish, a
>> simple comand like "ls" will take about 30 sec to process. I have been
>> trying to find out what causes this, I run my application within
>> valgrind and it doesnt report any memory leak. Upon some searching
>> online , I found people going thru similar experience and it seemed to
>> be caused by glx, and still happens after doing an update to xserver
>> version 1.6.4 (thats how far I could go with ubuntu's repository
>> xorg-edgers).
>
> None of which changes what I said: the bug you've found people talking
> about is in the open source GLX support, not in nvidia's GLX support.

You should instead investigate your system and try figuring out why it is loosing performance.  Try reverting to an older version of nVidia's drivers.  If the problem goes away, report the problem to nVidia.

Are you sure it is X that is growing without bound?  Do you have exact numbers for memory usage over time?