X.org Geode 2.11.9 release candidate

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Mon Aug 9 03:53:02 PDT 2010

Greetings,

Just a brief message to inform everyone that we now have a release
candidate for the Geode 2.11.9 video driver for X.org. [1] Please test
it extensively and immediately report any significant regression
directly into the X.org Bugzilla. [2]

This particular release focuses on fixing rendering regressions and on
bringing our codebase in line with current X.org best practices. This
time, most of the attention was given to the LX component of our
driver. Meanwhile, the GX2 component of our driver, while still in a
usable state, would require some attention to perform the same type of
upgrades that we did on the LX component. This will probably be our
main focus for the 2.11.10 release.

This release also marks the return of AMD to the development of the
Geode driver, following a two-year hiatus resulting from the
unfortunate departure of Jordan Crouse due to random attrition at AMD.
 Thus, I'd like us all to welcome Hunk Cui and Frank Huang from AMD
China to the X.org team!

Kudos also go to Mart Raudsepp for mentoring Hunk and Frank into the
Free Software development methods, as well as to Michel Dänzer and
Jonathan Martin for answering their difficult questions about the
intricacies of Pixman.

Best Regards,
Martin-Éric

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-geode/