Interlace mode being rejected

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Aug 16 06:35:34 PDT 2010

For several years, I've been using an X1250 ATI
chip and the radeon driver to drive a TV via a
VGA to SCART circuit.  A recent install is failing:
the mode line is rejected with "interlace mode not supported".
I thought it might be that interlace support was dropped
from the radeon driver, but I get the same rejection
when I build an old version of radeon, which previously
worked. The failing install uses x server 1.8.0, whereas
the last working on I can find record of was 1.6.5. Could
it be that interlace support has been dropped from the
server? Or is there some sort of config I'm missing out?

Cheers,
	Paul.