Strange libXrender behaviour on Solaris10/SPARC

Nicolai Stange nicolai.stange at zmaw.de
Fri Dec 3 13:19:52 PST 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 02.12.2010, 10:27 -0800 schrieb Alan Coopersmith:
> Nicolai Stange wrote:
> > Alan, will this issue be fixed in the Xnewt?
>
> I have no idea, I don't work on Xnewt directly.   I work in the Solaris
> team - Xnewt is part of the Sun Ray product and is managed by their team.
> (We of course talk a lot and work together a lot, but I can't commit fixes
>  to their source repos, nor make commitments about them doing so.)

Alan and Julien, you've been very helpful, thank you!

For those Xnewt users who may be concerned by the same issue, I've
attached the work around through libXrender. It works by looking at each
XrenderCreate.*Gradient request's stops at the client side and modifies
them slightly such that there are no two equal ones ever sent to the X
server.

Best regards

Nicolai