Board voting ends today, but...

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Feb 19 08:26:30 PST 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:44:11 +0100, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
> Since voting is officially ending today I have cast my votes just now...

Hi Luc,

I'm glad that you brought some concerns forward.

As a board member, I know that there's nothing better than knowing that
the general membership of the organization are concerned about forward
progress, want to get involved, and have concrete ideas for
improvement. So thanks for starting a conversation that has led to some
improvement.

> but i did not at all feel comfortable doing so.

I might make one suggestion regarding this point. If you (and a
significant number of the general membership), feel that there is
insufficient information available to vote, then a legitimate option is
to not vote. The by-laws do require a quorum of the membership for the
vote to be valid. (Looks like the quorum requirement is 25%.)

> While we did start to get some insights in the Boards doings of the past
> year, these insights are very limited indeed.

Please, whenever you want more information from the board, please just
ask. I can give you my personal assurance that there's no desire on the
part of the board to willfully withhold information about its doings
From the membership.

-Carl