Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Mon Jan 11 05:21:53 PST 2010

On 01/08/2010 04:13 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> On 01/08/10 13:05, Ryan Daly wrote:
>> On 01/08/2010 03:56 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>>> gripes!! valgrind breaks with
>>> libc 2.11.90(I'll see later on this),
>>>
>>> In your case what does valgrind
>>> output's say when the crash occurs?
>>
>> Did you use any options with valgrind or just 'valgrind startx'?
>>

> not yet(breaks with libc2.11.90)
>
> if I can get this thing fixed then I can see.
> but from past experiences I think theirs a log file valgrind creates.
> i.g.
> valgrind --tool=memcheck(or other) --log-file=(some-file) programname
>
> (as soon as I figure/find something I can run valgrind over here to
> see what it produces)
>
> you never know could find something.

Maybe I'm starting this wrong, but I'm getting the following:

prompt> valgrind --log-file=/usr2/tmp/valgrind.out --trace-children=yes
startx

exec: 5: /usr/bin/X11/X: Permission denied
giving up.
/usr/bin/xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect
to X server
/usr/bin/xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

I tried this late last week, but the child process of startx didn't get
traced, which doesn't seem like it would be of much value.

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392