Xorg crashes...

Tom Cowell t.a.cowell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:47:37 PST 2010

Ah yes. My strace suggestion would have the same problem.

On my machine (and presumably yours) the Xorg binary is setuid-root -
it acquires elevated permissions when you run it, and this breaks the
process tracing (and it seems odd to me (though I haven't tried) that
you were able to debug it).

You could try repeating your valgrind test as root, maybe.

Cheers
Tom