[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.8.99.904

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Jul 1 21:54:37 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 09:40:50AM -0400, Keith Packard wrote:

> Not a huge number of changes this week; a couple of bug fixes, some
> server log cleanups and some Xephyr changes.
>
> Summary below, but first I've gone over the bugs in the 1.9 tracking
> bug:
>
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=27592&hide_resolved=1
>
> I'd like to encourage anyone with an interest to work on these and I
> think that from now until the release we shouldn't be merging any code
> which isn't tied to a specific bug.

[...]

> o    23938: keys occasionally get stuck with xorg-server 1.6.99.901
>
> There have been a few keyboard fixes in the core server of late; any
> idea if this bug is fixed now?

race condition, afaict still there though rather random to trigger.

> o    23985: Excessive core motion events for subpixel motions
>
> This one doesn't appear to have been fixed, on the other hand, it
> doesn't look really bad -- clients just get too many events.

feature request, not a blocker. problem since 1.7 anyway.

> o    24094: CTRL-ALT-F1 doesn't switch to VT1 (provides garbage input to terminal instead)
>
> I think this one could use re-testing.

unlikely to be fixed, but I haven't tested since. some memory corruption,
requires a specific keymap to trigger and time.

> o    24856: xorg-server-1.7.1 mouse cursor not moving from MouseKeys
>
> This seems to happen only when not using SilkenMouse and/or SIGIO
> input. I have a vague memory of someone looking at this in the last
> couple of months?

Pull request on list, consider this fixed.

> o    25801: Switching VT re-enables XBell(), ignoring 'xset b off'
>
> Trivial to test, and I can't imagine it will be all that difficult to fix.

I have yet to find a machine that actually rings a bell so testing is tricky
for me.

> o    27804: Enter/Leave event woes with multiple master devices.
>
> This one was posted by Peter, and surely looks to be solveable only by Peter.

++ out of cheese error, redo from start ++

None of the commented ones above is a new bug, we've put out 1.7 and 1.8
with them so IMO they are nice-to-fix but not a blocker.

Cheers,
  Peter