Ati Radeon 7200 3D feature is buggy (kernel 2.6.34-rc6, ATI driver 6.13) (Answer TWO: more precise)

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Tue May 4 05:40:17 PDT 2010

2010/5/3 Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla at gmx.de>:
> Huh! What have I done?
>
> 1. If I was consequently cc'ed I did not receive the contribs because I
> did not subscribe to dri-devel.
>
> 2. Instead of reacting that aggressive, Michel, you should better
> deliver patches that really
>
> a. apply and
> b. compile
>
> against a given kernel - in our example 2.6.34-rc6 or rc5.
>
> 3. I do not know what "killfiles" are. I am sure you will give us all a
> proper translation for that.....
>
> 4. I am not aiming towards any kind of flame that you seem to aim to
> with your aggressive words because my behaviour is not "perfect" in your
> eyes.
>
> 5. The patch trouble I am talking about is due to a lack of
> communication, as always:
> Dave formed his patch against "linux-next". "linux-next" is a tree that
> I usually ignore because it contains unreliable material.
> If developers refuse to talk for some unknown reason it is no fun at all
> to guess around what could have been meant by the individual
> contributor.
>
> 6. Even if I tune Dave's patch with parts of Linux-next tree I get out a
> result that refuses to compile.
>
> So, my dear Michel Daenzer:
>
> a. Thank you for your contribs.
> b. Before you throw stones better try to understand first and follow the
> hints the other person gives. If you're still not content you can
> criticise me or other persons.
>
> Happy self-critical reflection

Googling things apparently isn't your strong point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

As Dave, Alex, and Michel have pointed out, kernel patches are being
based against the drm-radeon-testing branch of Dave's tree, not
whichever arbitrary rc you happen to be using at the time, and
certainly not against linux-next.

Terseness is a blessing,
~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>