Help! Xlib error

Ma, Qingyu (GE Healthcare) Qingyu.Ma at ge.com
Fri May 7 03:15:22 PDT 2010

> Did you call XInitThreads() before any other Xlib calls?   That's
> absolutely required to have multiple threads use xlib.   The xcb
> work has exposed and fixed a whole bunch of other threading bugs in the X libraries though, so one more, especially in a little used library such as libXtst would not be surprising.

Acutally, XTestFakeKeyEvent api is mis-invoked multiple times at the same time by grabber card's callback.
I didn't intend to do like it. It will be fixed in grabber card driver.

But XTestFakeKeyEvent maybe concurrent with openGL operation. The openGL operation is in a separate thread, XTestFakeKeyEvent is in Corba entry (Corba thread), but they use different Display connection. For this case, do I need to call XInitThreads() in openGL thread and Corba entry? Is there any influence on openGL performance? Or any other influence?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ma Qingyu