Current tinderbox regression (runtime, x11perf)

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon May 17 14:37:33 PDT 2010

Hi,

One of the tinderbox machines runs x11perf against the X servers it
builds.  This worked up until Wed 5 May, when the machine started
hard-crashing during x11perf.  In particular, when the machine hangs,
the VGA out is displaying:

1 Testing  Copy 500x500 from window to window

The machine's in a server room, so I don't have easy access to do more
diagnostics, but I'll try if we can't come up with anything here.

The hardware is:

05:07.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc ES1000 (rev 02)
(r100)

I'm using KMS.  The kernel hasn't been updated in quite a while, so it
isn't directly a kernel regression; it's still running 2.6.34-rc1.
I'll update to the latest Rawhide kernel to see if it helps.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child