how can one build X without libxcb, or libxcb without python, or python without tcl/tk, or tcl/tk without X ?

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Mon Feb 7 07:40:44 PST 2011

On 2011-02-07 10:31, matti christensen wrote:

> i am afraid and don't like snakes. i downloaded libX 1.3.2 ....
>
> i really hope you get rid of such dependency to something that may or
> may not be in one's system = keep to basics

Python isn't my favourite language either, but it's much better than the
previous XSLT implementation. I don't think it's too much of a burden to
expect python on a build machine.

That said, if you think you can do a better job in a different language
we'd love to see your alternative.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group