High /usr/bin/X CPU Usage

Robert Massaioli robertmassaioli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:18:04 PDT 2011

Thankyou for that advice and I will be sure to do that; recording all of the
system calls that it makes would be useful I imagine.

I am still trying to solve this problem as best as I can though. The latest
thing that I have tried is just upgrading my NVIDIA drivers to the absolute
latest beta versions (285.03 to be precise) and so far so good. However,
that was only a few hours ago and the problem probably still exists.

I will update you on any progress and, once again, any and all ideas and
suggestions are very welcome,
I am going to get to the bottom of this,
Robert

P.S. I have also contacted the Nvidia developers and submitted a bug report
and pointed them to the descriptions of the problems that I have been
having.