Custom input device configuration

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Aug 10 00:21:45 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 01:41:45AM -0700, johnfulgor wrote:
> Hello all,
> in a older version of the X server I had a InputDevice section in the
> xorg.conf file for a special input device.
> In my new system X uses auto configuration and xorg.conf.d. I've made a new
> file in the xorg.conf.d and pasted the old InputDevice section in it, but it
> seems to be ignored. The log file says does not even mention it. There is
> something about the new auto-configuration that I do non understand. Can
> someone help me?
> Thank you.

xorg.conf.d is _in addition_ to xorg.conf, so you can leave you previous
configuration as-is. As for the file not being loaded, the most common
reason for that is that it doesn't have the suffix ".conf".

Anything else is guesswork though, you'd have to provide your actual
configuration for us to figure out why it's not loading.

Cheers,
   Peter