map of X11R7 src files

John R. Towler jtowler at soncom.com
Tue Feb 21 09:25:55 PST 2012

Hello,
        Due to uncertainty about what the mailto tag does, this might
        have already been sent.

        I run NetBSD curr ver 5.1.2.  I want to build a more recent Xorg
        dist. than they supply for that version of the OS.  The build
        process which they use is not exactly running make World in the
        xc directory, and I have not yet been able to make their system
        build correctly.  The dist tar files for X11 >R6 are at
        ftp.x.org in separate dirs each with some piece of the system
        that is X11.  Versions of X11R6 and XFree86 all unpacked into a
        single project root directory from which the build took place.
        Where or how is this mapping accomplished.  Does unpacking all
        the separate tar files of X11R7.? in whatever subdirectory they
        are found result in a common singly rooted tree from which a
        build can be undertaken or how to I need to arganize the file
        dir structure to accomplish this?

        John R. Towler
        jtowler at soncom.com