Re: Awfull rendering of fonts in KDE terminal with nouveau 1.0.3 drivers

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 03:44:50 PDT 2012

On Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2012 08:25:12 CEST, Łukasz Maśko wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 30 października 2012, Mark Wagner napisał:
> [...]
>> The driver probably thinks you're running an LCD, and is scaling the
>> image to what it assumes is the native resolution.  Try setting the
>> driver to let the monitor perform scaling, or try changing your
>> display resolution slightly to try to find what the driver thinks is
>> the "native" resolution of the monitor.
>
> It may be possible. How do you do that? I mean, "setting the
> driver to let the monitor perform scaling".

Assuming your screen is DVI-I-1

xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --scale 1.5x1.5
Scales the output.

> I think that the driver sets the resolution to 1280x1024
checking is better then "thinking" ;-)

> (I wish I could change it to 1600x1200, which is the desired resolution).

Check "xrandr -q" for supported modes, outputs and current mode and use "xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --mode 1600x1200 --scale 1x1" to set it

This blurring would however impact absolutely everything, every font in every window and every other content.

Cheers,
Thomas