CentOS, radeon driver, dual monitor, fun (NOT)]

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:12:10 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Alex Deucher wrote:
> as to what I need to do with my xorg.conf to get my user back to
> normal?
> <snip>

> control panel to enable multi-head.  E.g.,
> <snip>
>
> GOT IT! FINALLY! Thank you *very* much.
>
> Here's what I did:
>
> Logged in, and tried to control the monitors with the display app, and hit
> apply several times... and it did nothing.
>
> Then, reading sideways <g>, I opened an xterm, and did:
> xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --rotate left --right-of DisplayPort-1
> --output DisplayPort-1 --rotate left
>
> And we got there... *but* it didn't save the whole thing, just part, I
> *could* move the cursor all over. He logged in, and using the display app,
> rotated the windows... and this time, when he hit apply, it did it, and
> confirmed.
>
> My last question: how do we keep his configuration a) between logins, and
> b) between system reboots? What is the preferred method?

Most of the DE monitor tools will remember your settings, but if not,
something like the following in your xorg.conf:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Displayport-1"
        Option       "Rotate"           "Left"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Displayport-0"
        Option       "Rotate"           "Left"
        Option       "RightOf"          "Displayport-1"
EndSection

Alex