ANN: luit 2.0-20130217
dickey at radix.net
Sun Feb 17 17:56:31 PST 2013
* bump to 2.0, reflecting changes
* add character-set entries for CP1255 and CNS-11643 planes 1-3 to
allow use of some of the remaining ".enc" files.
* modify -list option to show character set sizes.
* add -prefer option to control the lookup order between iconv,
fontenc, builtin and posix character set data.
* add -show-builtin option to show details of a particular built-in
* add -list-builtin option to show built-in encodings embedded. This
is available only for the iconv configuration; the fontenc library
has no API for retrieving the information.
* change defaults for configure script options --enable-iconv and
--enable-fontenc to deprecate the fontenc library.
* replaced existing built-in encoding tables with augmented set
generated from iconv to obviate need for fontenc's tables as a
* add prefix translations from IBM-CP to CP ), etc., to make
fontenc's encoding name "ibm-cp866" work with luit.
* add koi8-e to locale-charsets table, to make that encoding work.
* add -show-iconv to show a given encoding from iconv using the
* add -fill-fontenc option to control output format of -show-fontenc.
* add -show-fontenc option to show a given encoding, e.g., from a
".enc" file using the ".enc" format.
* add -list-fontenc option to show available encodings using the
".enc" files which should be distributed with the fontencoding
* add -list-iconv option to show encodings and corresponding locales
supported in the iconv configuration.
* document -kg0, etc., in manpage.
* revise the help option -h, providing a summary of each option
rather than the abbreviated listing. The abbreviated listing is
still provided when an unrecognized option is encountered.
* improve error recovery in the iconv configuration by falling back
to POSIX encoding if no encoding can be found in the system's
* apply workaround from xterm patch #279 to make window size set for
pty implementation such as Mac OS X which lose this when opening
the other side of the connection.
* fix issues from Coverity scan; all were minor.
* update config.guess, config.sub
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg