ANN: xterm patch #288
dickey at radix.net
Wed Jan 9 03:02:14 PST 2013
Patch #288 - 2013/01/09
* fix a special case in ShowCursor where the foreground and
background colors of the current position are the same. In that
case, choose the further of the window's foreground and background
colors for the cursor color.
* modify alternateScroll feature added in patch #282 to use either
CSI or SS3 according to the cursor keys application mode setting,
to simplify using it in vi, etc. (suggested by Dietar Roelants).
* revise manpage for resize to clarify the changes which resize may
make to the terminal settings as well as to the terminal itself.
* remove code such as struct ttysize, used for SunOS 3 and 4.
* modify configure script and makefile to check for groff and
suppress groff-specific rules if groff is not found.
* modify ctlseqs.ms and makefile to work around bugs in grohtml which
cause ".png" files to be truncated when producing html
* modify suffix rules for "make docs" to make the names of the
generated ".png" files predictable, helping to work around
longstanding problems with this feature of groff--none of its
releases work for all of xterm's tables..
* correct typo in ctlseqs.ms for DECIC and DECDC; the character
preceding the final "~" is an ASCII single-quote "'" rather than a
space (report by Paul LeoNerd Evans).
* update CF_GCC_VERSION macro, handling both Debian and Darwin.
* improve configure script checks for the --with-desktop-category
option. After patch #280 changes, if no value was given for this
option, and no existing desktop files found for comparison, the
incorrect "auto" value was passed into the generated desktop file
(report by Julien Cristau).
* modify sample build-scripts to disable check for imake due to
code-rot in Xorg.
* add -v command-line option to resize, reporting the same version
string as xterm and the two shell-wrappers.
* make name-transformation apply to other occurrences of resize,
* special-case the name-transformation in xterm's manpage in the NAME
section so that the result works with makewhatis (report by Julien
* modify install-rules for manpages to put each program's respective
transformed name into the header rather than xterm's.
* remove deprecated files: proto.h, os2main.c
* minor fixes based on Coverity scan, including:
+ correct caching of Atom value for the font menu's "Selection"
+ ensure that utmp/utmpx calls do not depend upon trailing nulls
in the ut_id and ut_line values.
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg