Blurry Display (Panasonic TC-L42E60)

Steven Blatchford sblatchford at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:54:35 PDT 2013

On 20:29 Mon 15 Jul, Thomas Lübking wrote:
>On Freitag, 12. Juli 2013 23:22:04 CEST, Steven Blatchford wrote:
>
>>I found one.  I got the same result on their 42" Panasonic.  I then
>>tested on a Panasonic 50" and it to was blurry.  I then tested on a 42"
>>LG and it was blurry.  I had time to test one more.  I tested a cheap
>>Insignia 39" and it worked fine.  I think the difference is the other
>>three TV's are 120Hz while the Insignia runs at 60Hz.  Does this make
>>sense?
>
>It sounds like a pattern.
>Have you so far provided the complete "xrandr -q" output?
$ xrandr -q
http://sprunge.us/HfUj

This output is with my laptop connected to the Panasonic 42" TV via a DP
-> HDMI adapter.

I also noticed that I goofed the edid info in my paste.  Here it is:
$ get-edid | parse-edid
http://sprunge.us/fBBi

This output is with my laptop connected to the Panasonic 42" and with
the LVDS turned off.

>Is the Panasonic feeded with 120Hz or 60Hz - and can your notebook
>actually provide 1920x1080 at 120Hz (sorry for the lag, kinda vacations
>;-)
>From it the output of xrandr, I'd say 60Hz.  I'm not sure if my laptop
if capable of 120Hz; it's a ThinkPad x220.

$ lspci -vvv |grep -A20 00:02.0
http://sprunge.us/FaFP

-steve