[ANNOUNCE] libXfont 1.4.7

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Tue Jan 7 13:14:53 PST 2014

On 01/07/14 15:46, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 01/ 7/14 12:41 PM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>> On 01/07/14 11:35, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>> This release includes the fix for CVE-2013-6462, as well as other
>>> security
>>> hardening and code cleanups, and makes libXfont compatible with
>>> libXtrans 1.3
>>> on Solaris.
>>
>> Should the libXfont_la_LDFLAGS be bumped to reflect this update?
>
> I can't see why it would be updated - what would we update in it and why
> do you think that's needed?

Builds from both this version and 1.4.6 produce:

    ${libdir}/libXfont.so.1.4.1

How would I know, looking at this file, whether the libXfont on my
system is the fixed one or not?

If the build output from both the old and the new produce the same file,
how would one distinguish between them? Aren't there situations when a
developer might want more than one version of a library installed on
their system (and use the *.so to pick one over the other)?

Best regards,
    Trevor