opengl windows bugged placement on compositing

Roland Plüss roland at rptd.ch
Thu Jan 9 04:20:20 PST 2014

On 01/09/2014 04:01 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Don, 2014-01-09 at 03:23 +0100, Roland Plüss wrote:

>>> Can you try the open source drivers? AFAIK Catalyst doesn't support
>>> anything like DRI2 yet, so it may not be able to handle OpenGL vs.
>>> compositing correctly in all cases.
>>>

>> As far as I know the OS driver can't support OGL up to 4.2 (like geom
>> shaders) and I require that.
> Fair enough, though it shouldn't be hard to write a simple app to test
> the reparenting / compositing without any special OpenGL requirements?
I guess so. I checked though if the OS driver is in portage (GenToo) and
as far as I see it is blocking with fglrx so you can have either one or
the other installed but not both at the same time. Trying to test that
with swapping around is a too high risk to break the system
(dependencies are different). I better try testing other options first.
Maybe this could be reproduced under VirtualBox, I'm not sure.
>> How exactly could DRI2 make a problem with the cat driver?
> DRI2 is not the problem, it's a possible solution. :) One of the main
> motivations for creating DRI2 was that the original DRI couldn't
> properly support compositing.
How is it with the latest driver that came out? GenToo doesn't have it
yet but maybe somebody knows if it can do DRI2 or not?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Plüss Roland

Leader und Head Programmer
- Game: Epsylon ( http://www.indiedb.com/games/epsylon )
- Game Engine: Drag[en]gine ( http://www.indiedb.com/engines/dragengine
, http://dragengine.rptd.ch/wiki )
- Normal Map Generator: DENormGen ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php )
- Sowie verschiedene Blender Export-Skripts und Game-Tools