Xorg

Emmanuel LEGER emmanuel.leger at u-psud.fr
Tue Jan 14 08:55:16 PST 2014

I'm having trouble with xorg login in Ubuntu 13.10, I think my Xorg is
not properly configured.
This is the content of .xsession-error:

"
Script for ibus started at run_im.
Script for auto started at run_im.
Script for default started at run_im.
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd respawning too fast, stopped
init: update-notifier-crash (/var/crash/_usr_bin_Xorg.0.crash) main
process (1827) terminated with status 1
"

In /etc/x11 I don't have any xorg.conf, only:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  756 Dec 23 09:28 xorg.conf-backup-131223092800
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  270 Dec 23 09:30 xorg.conf.failsafe

backup :

Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier "layout"
     Screen 0 "nvidia"
     Inactive "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
     Identifier "nvidia"
     Driver "nvidia"
     BusID "1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
     Identifier "nvidia"
     Device "nvidia"
     # Uncomment this line if your computer has no display devices
connected to
     # the NVIDIA GPU.  Leave it commented if you have display devices
     # connected to the NVIDIA GPU that you would like to use.
     Option "UseDisplayDevice" "none"
EndSection

Section "Device"
     Identifier "intel"
     Driver "modesetting"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
     Identifier "intel"
     Device "intel"
EndSection

failsafe:

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
         Driver          "fbdev"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "Default Screen"
         Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
         Device          "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

xterm, xclock work...
Using Xorg -configure I cannot lauch gnome and I've to delete
.Xauthority to be able to login again.

Running Ubuntu 13.10, Nvidia 5400M ( using discrete card, couldn't make
bumblee working ).

lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108M [NVS 5400M]
(rev a1)

Any Help would be warmly welcome!

Thanks