built Xephyr from source but it complains about missing XKB, and other things.

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Jan 24 19:03:30 PST 2014

I did this some years back... Is it possible to build X using your
package manager and install that?

Other than that, you will have to sort out all of the various paths by hand.

It looks like you have a path conflict where the compiled version is
possibly trying to use some files from your package manager.

Do you have a X log file?