[framebuffer] two graphic cards

gilles B gnetwb at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 00:44:02 PST 2014

Hi,

I've installed last gentoo on an old bull Express 5800 TM800 with two graphic cards which are:

$ lspci -k

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF119 [GeForce GT 520] (rev a1)

	Subsystem: Device 196e:0915

	Kernel modules: nouveau

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation NV43GL [Quadro FX 540] (rev a2)

	Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation Device 020d

	Kernel modules: nouveau

and i would like to use X server and extend my desktop over two screens but using two linux framebuffers (one by card).

In my device directory, there is only one fb (/dev/fb0), is it possible to detect a second one ?
Is it possible without DRM, KMS ?

Where could i find information or documentation ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Gil