XkbAXN_AXKWarning notification available?
sross at trustedcs.com
Tue Aug 11 16:24:41 PDT 2015
My apologies if this is not the correct mailing list for this question...
I'm using the keyboard Accessibility plugin code from the
"gnome-settings-daemon-2.28.2" (GSD) package. That package has a
comment regarding the X Keyboard Extension keyboard shortcuts for the
Accessibility features of Slow Keys and the Sticky Keys feature. In
particular, the comment mentions the "XkbAXN_AXKWarning" notification.
The comment is:
* sticky or slowkeys has changed, singly, without our intervention.
* 99% chance this is due to a keyboard shortcut being used.
* we need to detect via this hack until we get
* XkbAXN_AXKWarning notifications working (probable XKB bug),
* at which time we can directly intercept such shortcuts instead.
* See cb_xkb_event_filter () below.
As far as I can tell from running the GSD code, it is still the case
that the XKB does not return this notification. Assuming that is the
case, is there a bug filed for this or any plan to fix the lack of
(For what it is worth, on CentOS 6.6, I'm using the
Thanks in advance,
-- Steve Ross
More information about the xorg