Can I set different DPI for two displays in my system?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:31:25 UTC 2016

On Dienstag, 8. März 2016 09:52:37 CEST, Łukasz Maśko wrote:

> I was affraid of that... Windows, as I observed yesterday by accident, does
> some kind of window redraw, when I drag it between two screend
> with diferent
> DPIs. At certain point it - as I suppose - sends to a window a
> redraw request
> and provides it with a diffrent DPI setting, and you can easily bserve the
> window being redrawn with a ew DPI. I hoped we could obtain someting
> similar...

In theory™ such could be achieved on the client level, ie. if you move a window, it checks where it resides, calculates the natural dpi from device measures and resolution, alters (in case of Qt, not idea about gtk ;-) the device pixel ratio setting and cause a full update.
Of course you're still in some conflict whenever the window is between two screens.

Cheers,
Thomas