why isn't x.org part of lists.freedesktop.org (so archives are publicly available) and who was the freelancer who raised funds for doing development work on X.org

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 02:01:42 UTC 2017

at bottom :-

On 18/07/2017, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> On 07/18/17 11:10 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> Dear all,

>> was curious to note that x.org is/was unavailable in those lists.
>>
>> Could somebody share the reason for that ?

> for historical/organizational reasons.
>
> --
> 	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
> 	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc

Dear Alan,

Thank you for getting back and sorry for not being able to respond.
Anyways, published the article at
https://itsfoss.com/best-open-source-internships/

I do have a suggestion though, it would be nice if there was a
dedicated corner for students to read up on what other students before
them. I do know about planet.freedesktop.org as I have been somewhat
of an old-time user of GNU/Linux and planet as well but many newbies
and especially students are unaware of them and even then the kind of
information that is received on planet is temporary in nature.

If possible, have a dedicated corner which has links to all and any
blog posts by students who were part of Xorg EVoC .

If there are any mistakes in the article please let me know and will edit them.

Looking forward to support X.org in its endeavours.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल