Problem with mapping a key to multiple characters (Unicode + diacritic symbol)

Pierre-Luc Angles angles at stud.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 13 10:37:51 UTC 2019

Dear Ilya, dear all,

Thanks for your quick and nice answer. So would you recommend me to use,
for my XKeysymDB file, 7bit characters (e.g. 1888885 to 188888F) instead
of the last positions of allowed ones (i.e. 8bit characters 1FFFFFF5 to
1FFFFFFF) or would recommend other positions like private use area
Unicode (for example F8F5 to F8FF) ?

Thanks again and sorry if my question is too "easy".

Best,

Pierre-Luc

Le 13/03/2019 à 09:00, Ilya Anfimov a écrit :

>> Le 12/03/2019 ?? 15:16, Ilya Anfimov a ??crit :

>> i_breve_below etc. are indeed names that I have created and as you rightly
>> wrote, I should add them to /usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h

>   Well, better don't. You would need to recompile at least libX11
> after that, and support your forked binary on every
> system you use.
>   However, you got the simpler way below:
>

>> So I assume that I have to create a XKeysymDB file in /usr/share/X11/ that
>> would be the following:
>>
>> i_breve_below		:1FFFFFF5
etc.