how to start xvfb from Arch linux ARM64 architecture

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Wed Jan 29 09:49:51 UTC 2020

I have been A chaos man and I have typed
xvfb instead of Xvfb. So I could start The server without problems. But
therea are other complex issues for Me related to Dbus sockets and Dbint
error, which prevent Orca from functioning. BUt thanks to all of you, who
are contributing on XVFB development and X11vnc development, it is really
possible to run X11 apps on Android devicesand output is even acceptable by
sighted users. Sure. I do not think, if is it possible to transport 3D
graphics over VNC protocol by using XVFB or no, but for my personal needs, I
AM finally able to run Mate including mate panel. Sure, some Mate panel
applets are crashing because of memory allocation issues, because Shmem
related functions are not implemented on Android OS. Termux uses some
library, which does its best to implement all important shared memory sys
calls, but this library is compatible with Android Bionic but not with LIBC
for normal Linux.
So experienced C or C++ programmers would had to spent many many hours to
implement it for chroots which are executed on Android device and I Am
afraid, that it is not realistic anticipation from Me.
BUt even without full Shmem support, it is possible even to use hot keys,
activate mate menu, many apps which have been programmed for mate. So Pluma,
Caja, Mate archive manager. Unfortunately, Android contain some security
algorithms whihch prevent The system to get process capabilities,
proc/mounts can not be opened on Android 8 and newer and similar informatic
issues.

So Gnome-keyring-daemon can not get process capabilities and on Android 6 it
report insufficient process capabilities. But for non big professional, who
do not work for remarkable company, who do not need to encrypt and protect
passwords and other keys in memory, it is OK.