ANN: xterm-369

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Sep 23 03:41:41 UTC 2021

On 9/22/21 5:48 PM, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> it does.

Good.

> The problem is that when I inverted the sense of the sixelScrolling
> feature to address this:
>
>       * invert the sense of DECSDM, to correspond with VT382 manuals (lsix
>         #41).

Hum....

> I overlooked changing the compiled-in default value for the resource.
>
> You should be able to make it work (works for me) by adding this
> resource setting:
>
> 	*sixelScrolling:false

I had sixelScrolling set to true in my ~/.Xdefaults file.  I changed it
to false, recompiled xterm-369, tested, and it worked.

What I'm surprised by is the meaning of sixelScrolling.

Per the man page, the sixelScrolling resource tells XTerm whether to
scroll the terminal up one line at a time when Sixels would be written
past the bottom line on the window.

I would think that's the behavior I want.  Very much akin to feed the
paper on a continuous feed terminal when printing additional lines.  --
It's working, and I don't /need/ to understand the logic of it, much
less DEC's when defining things years ago.

Do you have any thoughts on the similar symptoms for ReGIS?

Thank you for your efforts Thomas.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die