x opacity

Sam Varshavchik sam.varshavchik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:34:55 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 3:37 AM Paum B. <fraybauhaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I don't know where I should ask.
>
> I want to achieve:  vim in terminal, with possibility to put 100% opacity to everything besides text I am writing, so that all terminal window, except my text is transparent.

You will need to check the settings of whatever terminal program
you're using to see how you can set the background color, this is
controlled by your terminal program's settings. It is also possible
that your terminal program is integrated into your desktop
environment, and there's a transparent display theme.

In any case this is entirely dependent on whatever terminal and
desktop environment you're using, this is not standardized in any way
by X.