x opacity

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Thu Jan 6 14:24:16 UTC 2022

On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 01:11:48 +0100 "Paum B." <fraybauhaus at gmail.com> said:

> Hi, I don't know where I should ask.
>
> I want to achieve:  vim in terminal, with possibility to put 100% opacity
> to everything besides text I am writing, so that all terminal window,
> except my text is transparent.
>
> I am sorry if I am asking on wrong place.

Thaat's uop to your terminal emulator program to do that.

FYI This is exactly what Terminology does - the background of the terminal can
be transparent (slider to select how much) with the text (and bg backing behind
text if the terinal app requests a background  color rather than no background)
will be solid. Like this:

http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-61d6fb29dd8db0.62354864.png

(80% translucency settings - ie mostly solid):

http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-61d6fb6550c9e5.09200548.png

Carsten Haitzler - raster at rasterman.com