Something is keeping my X awake

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 21 21:28:04 UTC 2022

This normally happens when movie player or VNC turns it off (you don't
want the screen locking while the movie is playing).

If any of such programs were terminated before they could restore the
regular behaviour, the screen won't lock.

Try using "xset q" to see what the current state is. You can use "xset
+dpms" to enable power saving again.

best

Vladimir Dergachev