TWm and Fonts

Graham Bentley admin at cpcnw.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 13:15:25 UTC 2023

Hi All

Hopefully I am posting to the right place with a TWM question?

It's about fonts used in the menu's and titles etc.

I have entered font definitions in my .twmrc in the format as follows
(as seen in xfontsel)

MenuFont     "-misc-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
TitleFont     "-xos4-terminus-medium-r-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"

But no matter what font name I try it always looks the same which is
quite a small sharp font.

If I comment out any of the above then the font looks twice as big as
well as bold and rather jagged.

Looking around the web it appears as though some people have actually
gotten TWM to honor the font they have specified?

What am I missing?

Part of the reason for asking is this screenshot ;

https://dt.iki.fi/windowmanager-twm

I can't figure out how the author has created a single horizontal line
in the menu?

I know there is the option of "some text" f.nop but trying to include
any type of line drawing characters in the text field doesn't work
and is represented by commas and braces etc

Thanks a mill!