AW: Overexposed desktop

Igor Rylov igoryonya at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 11:31:37 UTC 2023

   - I exited the logged on desktop.
   - Ctrl+Alt+F5 (switched to a console tty)
   - did:  sudo systemctl stop lightdm.service
   - After the DM shut down, I did X :2 and it exited almost right away, without loading the graphics desktop:  igor_Xorg.2.log file.
   - I tried: sudo X :2 and it loaded the graphical black screen with no mouse cursor.
   - I've waited for over an hour, the screen blanked periodically (as a power management would do), during this time. Moving the mouse would return to the black screen. Doing Ctrl+C didn't exit.
   - Swiitched to TTY5 with Ctrl+Alt+F5
   - The command was in the blocked status, i.e. waiting for the sudo X :2 program to finish with a lot of output
   - Did Ctrl+C
   - The sudo X :2 was stopped: sudo_Xorg.2.log file.