X Server v1.20.5 failure on Zynq-7000 with embedded Linux system

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult info at metux.net
Fri Sep 6 08:01:47 UTC 2024

On 05.09.24 19:43, Tsao Pieski wrote:
> Dear Xorg Team:
>
>       I'm running X11 (X Server version 1.20.5) on Zynq-7000 SoC with
> embedded Linux system. There's no HDMI PHY chip on my board, so I
> implemented soft IP cores on PL for HDMI functionality.
>
>       From the console output, it appears that the X Server initiates
> normally, and actually reads the EDID information of the HDMI displayer
> through I2C channel. But the startx command always fails with fatal
> server error: "/(EE) AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0/", and
> there's no HDMI output.
>
>       I've reviewed several issue reports, but none of them seem to
> match the specific situation. There's no error (EE) in the log file
> except for the "/(EE) AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0/" at the
> end of the log.
>
>       I've attached the error log and the console output for your reference.

Maybe that's the problem ?

    "xilinx-drm amba_pl:xilinx_drm: failed to allocate buffer with size
1921024"

Perhaps check the code what this error actually means (what kind of
buffer this is). Sounds like a OOM situation.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert