[Clipart] clipart.freedesktop.org and OpenOffice.org

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Apr 7 10:32:51 PDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> We have all been pretty slammed for time, but I think we need to pick a
> time to have an all-hands meeting and get our ideas sorted out more.

The Inkscape 0.38 release has been monopolizing a lot of our time, but
it's finally just about there.  With that out the door it should free us
up for some clipart work.

> I think we should do this some weekend for like an hour, as there is
> much to discuss, and an overall no-holds barred meeting with a definite
> start and finish is needed SOON!!!
>
> How about this weekend?

Sure, I'll be around.

The 1-hour fixed length agenda-based meetings are very useful, but at
this stage perhaps what we need are just some semi-formal 'working
sessions'.  At this point I think we have a generally good idea of what
needs to be done, it's just a matter of getting in gear.  Having
a bunch of us online at once for a kickoff working session would help
both for being able to get some basic Q's answered quickly, and for
motivation.  :-)

For example, I suspect some people may need account access or directions
for setting up web pages, submitting content, etc. etc.  (E.g., I could
get the wiki set up quick if I know how to access the web server.)

> Are you a developer on openoffice? If so, then it would be nice to have
> a chat with Oo.o developers soon, as this project in relationship with
> oo.o would *seriously* propel it along.

Let's try to build up the collection a bit before approaching other
projects.  I think it'll be easier to talk to other projects once we've
invested our own effort into it and have something for them to download
and plug into their systems.