[Clipart] clipart.freedesktop.org and OpenOffice.org

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Apr 8 17:43:52 PDT 2004

Agree with you Bryce. Also, the reason SVG is/was being considered as
the first primary format is so that it can be the "mother" format where
submissions could be converted to others after submission.

I firmly believe that we need finite goals, like getting our SVG-based
repository good first before expanding outwards. Another reason why is
that the space requirements for other formats are going to quickly grow.

I think we should just keep our chat as: #clipart on irc.freenode.net
for now, as the project is going to be renamed in the immediate future.

Chad, while I value your opinions, I think it would be a better position
to maintain our repository in the highest "mother" format which will be
scalable and could be funneled down into lossy/reductive bitmap format.

I could see the need to a bitmap repository in the future for images and
photos however. I do still think that as a group we are better to stick
together and do one thing right before making a
mega-monolith-all-inclusive project, right?

Jon