[Fwd: Re: [Clipart] website]

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Sat Apr 10 23:39:24 PDT 2004

Stupid email settings.  Okay, here's the email I just sent Jon:

Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> Also, to everyone, please spend some time filling out the content on the
> wiki (after getting an account from me, Ted, Bryce, or anyone whom has
> access already on freedesktop.org).

I am new here.  It looks like you want to hold the discussion on the Wiki.
Is that the case?  If so, can I have Wiki access? (even though I am
brand-new in this project).

Btw, by using the URL "openclipart.org" would certainly sound great to the
OpenOffice and you can expect support from us.  But that doesn't mean that
you are excluding other projects.  When we were discussing the clipart idea,
I first proposed "OOoClipart.org" but that was replaced by "openclipart.org"
to make it more inclusive.  We want all projects to contribute to the same
clipart repository and feel happy about it.

Regarding the words "open" and "free" on a project name:

I wouldn't want to use the word "free" because it sounds like free beer.  As
for the word "open", I do think we want a name that conveys the fact that
the clipart is available to everyone.  You could call it "publicclipart.org"
if you prefer, but I think "open" sounds better.

> There is much that I have not included from the start of this mailing list
> and various things which need to be hashed out. Hopefully I created enough
> of a structure on the main page to help clue where we need content.

I would like to know what you think of the ideas I posted on my first email.
  That would give me a better idea of where this project wants to go.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely