[Clipart] Our future logo

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Apr 12 19:20:51 PDT 2004

I think the still life and basic art ideas are gonna be shut out by
designers and artists quick.

I'm asked for the help of my friend neil stuber on this
(http://neilstuber.org). I really think we need something hardcore. I
think we should fairly rigorous about our logo decision...

Just remember this good logo design advice: make it solid (all black)
and so that it can be copied and faxed and still look good.

Logo is different from logotype (which includes...type!)

I'm thinking this logo and presentaiton of the site is soooooo important
in our case (maybe moreso than other projects).

I've asked him to come up with like 3 possible designs with and w/o
text...

Also, we should start thinking about website designs. I'm really in
favor of a standards compliant (xhtml 1.1) and css 2 site. I have
already developed a successful infrastructure on my site and that can be
easily copied over and repurposed as well and we can just change the
stylesheet to affect the design and make it totally different. Maybe
though first we should focus on the logo.

More ideas...

Jon