[Clipart] a few things

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Apr 19 00:51:42 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Having all the symbols available in Dia is a great idea and definitely
> something worth having.  I recall someone had investigated this once
> before but found that they're not in SVG and not easy to export into
> SVG, so may have to be redrawn.  Also, some of them are more than mere
> symbols, in that they have snap points, specialized Dia dialogs (like
> the UML symbols), etc.  But at least if we had SVG versions of all of
> them, that'd be an important start.

those symbols are very simple, drawing them can be a very good project
for someone wanting to learn how to draw in Inkscape.

when i started drawing my clipart collection, the first gallery was the
one with arrows and the second with flowchart symbols. i used Dia as a
reference for what flowchart symbols to include

the work can be speed'ed-up by saving the shapes from Dia as SVG and
adjust them in Inkscape as needed, but for this we probably need
permission from the original authors, so probably is not worth the effort

--
nicu