[Clipart] a few things

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Apr 19 00:21:55 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> 1. Hello, I'm posting a few logo designs that my friend Neil Stuber did
> up on the site here: http://freedesktop.org/Software/LogoDiscussion
> Please comment on that page and here about the designs. He is very
> receptive to commentary.

Very nice looking logos, although none of them really suggest "clipart"
to me. I like the play off of the CreativeCommons logo, that's a good
idea.  It might be preferable if the logo to use the term "Open Clip
Art" rather than the abbreviation OCAP, since the former will better
identify the project as providing clipart.

> 2. WEBSITE: Here is how you use CVS and the website module clipart_web
> to edit the current website:
> http://freedesktop.org/Software/OCAPWebsiteUpdating I spent most of
> today putting this together, so please check it out, make comments and
> edit content. We need many things still for the website and project. We
> need to come up with a project summary and some other bits of text.

I made a brief project summary and fleshed out the FAQ a tad.  It'd be
nice if someone else could help fill in the rest of the FAQ or at least
suggest some questions for it.

> 3. We need to figure out how to track feature requests, bugs, and users
> for the feature to check out our stats. Using sourceforge for these
> things is an option, but I think it might be better to explore our own
> options.

It would definitely be better for us to find our own option.

In doing a quick scan of Freshmeat, this one looked interesting... what
do you think?

   http://www.electricmonk.nl/index.php?page=PROMS

> 4. What other affiliates should we seek out for this project? I think
> this is integral for this project. We are already allied with OO.o,
> Inkscape, and SodiPodi. Maybe we should get an alliance with GIMP,
> SCRIBUS, and other projects to bolster this projects community and
> content still further.

Yes, also AbiWord, some of the larger presentation apps, and perhaps
some of the other SVG editors (Sketch, etc.)