[Clipart] agree checkbox

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Thu Apr 29 21:28:24 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> After thinking abou rworth's suggestion, I added a quick checkbox to get
> users to agree to move their clipart to Public Domain from the quick and
> easy upload box.
>
> Is this good enough to move a work to PD. I think this is easier than
> making an intermediate screen.

I doubt any of us know enough about PD legalities to answer that
question with any confidence.  My guess would be 'no', but I don't
really know.

> Also, if a user selects this and does not have metadata embedded in
> their image, then it will allow us to go back in and add it.
>
> One question, so far we are making metadata at the uppermost level of an
> SVG. Shouldn't metadata be explicitly linked to an image so that if it
> is copied and pasted, that metadata is copied with the graphic?

Yeah, but this is going to be highly application-specific.  E.g., we
might be able to get Inkscape to behave this way but we've no idea what
other apps might do.