[Clipart] First Meeting

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Thu Apr 29 23:33:38 PDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > 8pm GMT, which works out to:
> >    8pm England, 8-12pm European time
> >    12 noon Pacific
> >    3pm Eastern
>
> This one might be good in our case.  If I'm not mistaken, everyone here is
> either from the Americas or from Europe.
>
> Note: I think you meant 7pm GMT/UTC.  Because we are on Daylight Savings
> Time, all the time zones you just listed are shifted up by 1h from GMT/UTC.
>   So 7pm UTC corresponds 8pm England.

Yeah, you're probably right, I just remember that it works out to
lunchtime my time.

> How about 16:00 UTC ? (my previous suggestion was 15:00 UTC).
>
>     4pm GMT.
>     5-9pm Europe.
>     9am-12pm Americas
>     12-2am Perth, Tokyo, Sydney
>
> Unless we have some Australian or Asian members (I haven't seen any).

Looks workable.  I think in my past projects there was a desire for the
meetings to occur during the workday in Europe because at the time they
were still paying ISP charges by the minute so they preferred being able
to IRC from work.  This may not be an issue anymore.