[Clipart] Metadata Proposal (WAS) developing an xml schema standard for packaged multimedia

Mike Traum mtraum at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 11:58:40 PDT 2005

Sorry about the reply to myself here, but upon further investigation,
I think I see the issue.

It looks like <dc:subject/> is being used to store the category, and
the open clip art project doesn't really have a concept of keywords
yet.

For example, if an you had the following categories:
- Animals->Dogs
- People->Men

and you had an image with a dog and a man in it, how would this be
represented?

I think <dc:type/> should be used to store the categories in a more
formal way. This could be done, for example, as such:
<dc:type>
  <rdf:Bag>
    <rdf:li>Animals.Dogs</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>People.Men</rdf:li>
  </rdf:Bag>
</dc:type>

And then <dc:subject/> could be used for keywords that are outside of
the scope of categories.

Thoughts?

mike