[Clipart] Image portability

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Apr 18 22:56:12 PDT 2005

Nathan Eady wrote:
> Andrew Archibald wrote:
>
>  > Other images have either Inkscape- or Adobe-specific SVG
>
>> extensions and so may display incorrectly on simple SVG
>
>  > viewers which can handle only plain SVG.
>
> This may be harder to fix.

at least the Inkscape extension are easy to be removed - just a 'save as
plain SVG' and can be automated using --export-plain-svg command line
option, but i believe those extension does not affect rendering.
OTOH, we have some problematic files produced by Adobe tools, for
example those from Linda Kim are not only huge in file size, but also
can't be opened at all in Inkscape.

--
nicu