[Clipart] FYI: KDE's current SVG-engine developments

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Apr 25 18:04:50 PDT 2005

Hello,

I was reading up in the archives[1], and noticed that KDE's SVG engine could
use an update or two, it was expressed.

While I am not one of the developers of KSVG2[2], KDE's "next-generation" SVG
engine, I can tell that its development has since long proceeded fast and
stable. Things like animations and filters is worked upon currently. KSVG2
will likely be part of KDE 4, and perhaps at some point as Compound Document
Formats in Konqueror(svg in xhtml, for example). It is long until KDE 4
arrives(at least a year, is my guess), but when it will, the SVG support will
likely be "very good". Until then, I think KDE's SVG engine front will be
quite still.

Cheers,

		Frans

Frans Englich