[Clipart] Crazy deps for DMS?

David Illsley david at illsley.org
Fri Aug 5 10:03:16 PDT 2005

Um, while not wishing to pass judgement on what constitutes hell,
yes, the DMS has loads of dependencies.

Just as an update to those who know I started playing with the DMS a
couple of months ago in order to create a Java client for it, I
stopped pretty soon after starting because the Java web services
libraries are all built to work with WSDL described services and the
DMS, using SOAP::Lite doesn't have this. When I asked the SOAP::Lite
mailing list if there was any WSDL describing the SOAP::Lite specific
types used all I got was a link to the WSDL spec and I didn't have
the time to  decode the over-the wire SOAP messages for some complex
perl type I don't really understand into WSDL :-(

So I haven't really completed anything particularly useful. If at
some point there is more support in Java for non-described services
or WSDL provided for SOAP::Lite types I might try again.

David