[Clipart] Should OCAL pursue links from other clipart sites.

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Aug 18 23:36:15 PDT 2005

Gerald Ganson wrote:
> I'm just wondering if it would be helpful for OCAL to actively see if
> other sites that are clipart related would place a link to OCAL on their
> links page.

Another kind of affiliates?

> * some might request that OCAL link back to them...
> * OCAL might see even more traffic
> * would this enhance OCAL presence in search engines ?

Definitely this could improve the presence in search engines.

> Would this be a good idea ?
>
> comments ? thoughts ?

In my view, our emphasis is on "Open" not on "ClipArt", so I see more
appropriate cross-promotion with other "Open Content" projects than
"Closed ClipArt" sites (a good example for cross-promotion is the
to-be-created Open Font Library)

--
nicu